Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 8-Martha Challenge


Well this was a bright spot in the challenge for me. It taught our family quite a lesson. There are several drawers (silverware, utensils, towels) that I have regularly been cleaning out. I knew this would be a great teaching moment so I had my kids time me on the drawers that were maintained. It took about 2-3 minutes to empty, wipe out and reload. The drawers that were not maintained took about 10-15 minutes. Some were so bad that they needed to soak and I just put all the junk in a bag to deal with later because none of it belonged in the kitchen.

The lesson was if we maintain our home the cleaning of it will be faster and easier. When we let our homes go then it takes a lot of time and elbow grease to get them back in order. In fact this can be said for hearts as well. When you spend regular time with the Lord your heart is ready to hear from Him and ready to obey. When you allow a lot of time to go by without digging in His Word or speaking to Him your heart just needs a lot more tending.

No comments: