Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 7-Martha Challenge


I did it! I did it! I pulled everything out of my pantry. My husband vacuumed it out and I wiped down all the shelves. I put everything back in this morning after work.

That challenge was really eye opening. I thought I had somewhat of a system but apparently it was not very effective. I found 4 jars of honey not including the ones in the tea cabinet. I found 4 bags of powdered sugar. Last week when my son had his birthday, his sister and I were discussing frosting and almost bought powdered sugar because we didn't know we had any. Oi!

I feel like I am earning money because I am finding and grouping foods and suddenly have a lot of menu ideas.

I feel like I'm losing weight as I get rid of unneeded and unused items and garbage. We have made 2 trips to Goodwill and taken out 3 bags of trash from the kitchen and I feel like I have personally lost 20 pounds.

I feel like I can think more clearly. They say a clutterd home is a sign of a cluttered mind. Well conversely my ordered kitchen is reflected in my ordered thinking. When I open up my cabinets I feel a cool breeze flow through my mind. I know the rest of my family feels it too because when they open up the pantry they take a deep breath. My eldest is not due home for another week and a half. I'm hoping she feels the same way too. Because I love an ordered home but really am hoping to bless my family with a well functioning and ordered home. They don't need to notice it. They just need to not notice all the clutter and lost time spent looking for lost items.



I already started on today's task and I think this one will be just a bit easier. The last few days have been really hard work but tit's worth it and everyone is learning to tolerate the process. Tomorrow is the last day in the kitchen. If I can get our computer to work with our camera I will post after shots of my kitchen.

Off to dig up lost treasures in drawers.

No comments: