Saturday, January 06, 2007

Made with Love


This is an excert from "The Applause of Heaven" by Max Lucado

"In my closet hangs a sweater that I seldom wear. It is too small. The sleeves are too short, the shoulders too tight. Some of the buttons are missing, and the thread is frazzled. I should throw that sweater away. I have no use for it. I'll never wear it again. Logic says I should clear out the space and get rid of the sweater.
That's what logic says.
But love won't let me.
Something unique about that sweater makes me keep it. What is unusual about it? For one thing, it has no label. Nowhere on the garment will you find a tag that reads "Made in Taiwan"...It isn't the product of a nameless employee earning a living. It's the creation of a devoted mother expressing her love.
That sweater is unique. One of a kind. It can't be replaced. Each strand was chosen with care. Each thread was selected with affection.
It is valuable not because of its function, but because of its maker. "

Let your father and your mother be glad, and let her who bore you rejoice. Proverbs 23:25

No comments: