Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Power of a Praying Parent-1


Excerpts from Chapter 1 "The Power of a Praying Parent" by Stormie Ormartian

Chapter One-Becoming a Praying Parent

Jesus Christ is our example.
WATCH Him
WALK with Him
WAIT on Him
WORSHIP Him
LIVE in His Word

Whenever you pray for your child, do it as if you are interceding for his or her life-because that is exactly what you are doing. Remember that while God has a perfect plan for their lives, Satan does too. Satan's plan is to destroy them, and he will try to use any means possible to do so. But he won't be able to successfully use any of those things if his power has been dissipated by prayer. Teach your children God's ways and God's Word and help them to respect God's laws. Discipline them, guide them and help them learn to make Godly choices. The Bible tells us "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." (Provers 22:6)

PRAYER
Lord, I submit myself to You. I realize that parenting a child in the way You would have me to is beyond my human abilities. I know I need You to help me. I want to partner with You and partake of Your gifts of wisdom, discernment, revelation, and guidance. I also need Your strength and patience, along with a generous portion of Your love flowing through me. Teach me how to love the way You love. Where I need to be healed, delivered, changed, matured or made whole, I invite You to do that in me. Help me to walk in righteousness and integrity before You. Teach me Your ways, enable me to obey Your commandments and do only what is pleasing in Your sight. May the beauty of Your Spirit be so evident in me that I will be a Godly role model. Give me the communication, teaching and nurturing skills that I must have. Make me the parent You want me to be and teach me how to pray and truly intercede for the life of this child. Lord, You said in Your Word, " Whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive" (Matthew 21:22). In Jesus' name I ask that You will increase my faith to believe for all the things You've put on my heart to pray for concerning this child. Amen

Verses to Build Faith
John 15:16 "You did not choose ME, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give to you.

Proverbs 20:7 The righteous man walks in his integrity; his children are blessed after him.

John 14:13-14 Whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

Ephesians 6:4 Do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.

Ephesians 6:17-18 Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to the end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints

No comments: