Saturday, July 14, 2007

Family Update








I noticed I have been blogging alot about things of faith and have not blogged awhile on things of family. There is so much going on with my family right now so I will give you an update on each of us.



Mikey-Super wonderful husband. Still amazingly terrific. I am so blessed to be his wife. He is a thrilling husband and my heart leaps at the thought of him. Oh how I do go on. Mike is still attending Jiu Jitsu classes weekly. He is still working at Avis. He has been there 3 years. He has recently completed his much anticipated screenplay and is putting the final touches on it.





Lauren- 17 yrs is super crazy chick!!! She is truly the busiest person I know. She just returned from a week in Yosemite (yes she hiked half dome again)She had the gall to call me from the top. I told her never to call her mother from the top of a mountain. A true lady always waits till she has successfully climbed down so as not to worry your poor dear mother. She is leaving this morning for a training trip to Mexico. She will be home for 1 more week and will leave for her missions trip to Africa. She has successfully raised all the money she needed for the trip. This is such a miracle. Everyone has been so generous. I am so excited about this trip. They will me ministering in villages, building water wells, and tending to the needs of the community. What a precious way to show God's love to the world. When she returns she will be home for a few days then off to Seattle to visit my mother. Then home for a few days before visiting her Dad in San Fransisco. She'll then return to complete her last year of high school. One exciting moment for her is she is having her braces removed on Monday. She is thrilled. Here is a picture of her and her friend praying and another of our Women's pastor praying for her.






Matthew is 8 but will be 9 next month. He is very intensely interested in science and anything detective. He has just completed a 2 year Junior detective course. Now his room is covered in green powder that he used to take finger prints. Matthew has a great sense of humor and a deep love for God. He loves to play video games and right now he is playing Crash Twinsanity and Tak.



Emily is 7 and just made the big move to cutting her just above the waist long hair to right above the shoulders. It is adorable. Emily has a sweet disposition. After a very questionable Spring (she was lost at a park and we had to call the Police to help find her.)she has settled down and is much happier now. She loves all things animal. She recently rescued a kitten she named Jewel. We couldn't keep it due to allergies but gave it to a rescue group. The cat would certainly have died and all the neighbors were ignoring it. Emily finds animals all the time and even cries over grasshoppers that get smooshed.


We have been quite a full house over the last 10 days as by close friend and her husband went on a missions trip to Africa. We have all 3 of their girls at our house. So now we are 8 people in our home. It has been an adventure. We went to the beach, the park and went hiking. We also have their dog, Louie with us. It has been nice for the kids to have so many playmates.



We recently celebrated our 10th year of attending Hope Chapel Hermosa Beach. I consider it a privelege to be under the teaching of our Pastor Zac Nazarian. His sermons are available free on itunes.



Our new (used) van just celebrated it's first month's birthday with us 2 days ago.
We are thrilled with our purchase. What a great deal. If you want to go to Huntington Beach Chrysler Jeep I whole heartedly recommend them. Our salesman was Alan and he was very low stress and no pressure.

So this summer I have mostly been just trying to keep up with the chaos, planning 12th, 4th and 2nd grades for homeschooling and I hope to really get down and dirty with some massive decluttering next week. I am also reading some great books (Sacred Obssession by becky Tirabassi) and feeding my heart with the Word of God. I have also been keeping up with my commitment to exercise and have lost 8 pounds since joining 24 hour fitness mid May.

We are looking forward to Vacation Bible School at our church in a week. The week will be based on Joshua 1 and the kids will be special agents for Christ. The next week Matthew, Emily and I will go to Seattle to visit my Mom and then Lauren will return from Africa.

I am still working as a nurse from home. I have been working for TrinityCare hospice for 8 years.

I think that covers all the facts. Will try to give more details later. I have a brutal headache right now.
Bye
Lisa

No comments: