Monday, July 09, 2007

ADORATION D-G


Continuing our focus on adoration and the 100 descriptions of God from MEMLOK. Here they are:

Deliverer Acts 7:34 I have indeed seen the oppression of my people in Egypt. I have heard their groaning and have come down to set them free. Now come, I will send you back to Egypt.

Diligent Phil 2:13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

Director Pro 16:9 In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Discipler Mk 3:14,15 Jesus went up on a mountainside and called to him those he wanted, and they came to him. He appointed twelve--designating them apostles--that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach

Drawer Jn 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

Emmanuel Mt 1:23 "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"--which means, "God with us."

Encouraging Acts 23:11 11 The following night the Lord stood near Paul and said, "Take courage! As you have testified about me in Jerusalem, so you must also testify in Rome."

Example 1 Cor 11:1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

Exalted Rev 4:10 the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne

Faithful 1 Thes 5:24 The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

Father Lk 23:34 Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

Finisher Phil 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Fisherman Mt 4:19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Forgiving Mic 7:18,19 Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

Generous Mt 20:15,16Don't I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?' "So the last will be first, and the first will be last."

Gentle Gal 5:22,23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Giving John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Glorious Heb 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

God Jer 32:27 I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?

Good Ezra 3:11 With praise and thanksgiving they sang to the Lord: "He is good; his love to Israel endures forever."

Gracious Eph 2:8,9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- not by works, so that no one can boast.

Great Tit 2:11-13 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope--the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments: