Saturday, October 14, 2006

Who am I??

Who am I?....
Today I was speaking with a very dear friend and she posed this question..... "I recently realized that I am nothing like I really want to be. And my life is nothing like I want it to be. It doesn't really reflect who I really am. What do I do about that?"

At first my mind flashed to a lot of books about excavating your authentic self, writing out your goals and setting up routines to get you closer to the life you want. It was just a flash of ideas. I felt her desperation and wanted to support her. Just the flash of human responses and then the Truth was there...bolder and brighter than any idea or plan.

God knows you more than anyone else. He knows you better than you do. He created you to be a particular person at a particular time. If you have gotten off His path then step back!! Get on His path. It requires you get on your face before Him. Confess your self-centered ways. Let Him know He is your Potter and He can mold you and make you any which way. He can get you to your authentic self faster and more accurately than any human plan. He gives us His Word which is living and the breathing Word of God. He speaks to us through His Word. He can convict us, encourage us, bless us, guide us with His Perfect Word.

My prayer is for all of us wherever you are. If you are lost I pray you would find Him quickly. If you seek Him with all your heart you will find Him. If you have strayed...turn your heart to Him. He is the Author and Perfector of your faith. If you realize you are not what you were created to be....His mercies are new every morning. May He plant your feet firmly upon His path.

No comments: