Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Home update

OK I am really behind on my declutter. I need to push the restart button. Actually, I have maintained the work I have done but I haven't done anything in a week or so. My dear friend is visiting from out of state and I have been taking time out to visit with her and her family. We also attended a fabulous Bible study yesterday morning. I have had a large amount of new students for piano (9 total). So now that everything has settled I need to do a "super clean". What is a super clean? Well see SuperCleaner up there at the beginning of this post. I need to be that person. Every room in my home needs some major loving care. Today I will do the laundry room and van.
Thursday the Family Room, Living Room and Kitchen. Friday the Dining Room, landing, kids room. Saturday the outside and the stairs.
My plan is to quickly go through each room for about 15 minutes and pick up any trash or items that don't belong. I will rotate 3 15 minute cycles and then take a break. Then rotate again, the second time, doing a better cleaning (wiping, washing etc). This way every area gets attention and I don't burn out on the first room I'm in.
Sooooo.....How is your house looking? Remember we are doing this to create a loving home environment that is a safe haven for your family and any visitors that wander by. We want to bless them and attend to their needs, not be embarrassed and apologize for the condition of our homes. We are not looking for perfection but progress...

No comments: