Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Power of a Praying Parent Part IV


FEELING LOVE AND ACCEPTED
from the book The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian

One of the difficult things children must deal with are the lies that can come into their minds masquerading as truth: "I'm not love," "I'm not accepted," "I'm not appreciated," " I'm not attractive," "I'm not good enough," "I'm too fat," "I'm too tall...too dumb....too smart..." These lies escalate as children move into their teenage years and often are carried into adulthood. That's why I'm convinced it's never too soon to start praying for a child to feel loved and accepted- first by God, then by family, then by peers and others.

PRAYER:
Lord, I pray for (name of child) to feel loved and accepted. Penetrate his/ her heart with Your love right now and help him / her to fully understand how far-reaching and complete it is. Your Word says You loved us so much that You sent Your Son to die for us (John 3:16). Deliver him/ her from any lies of the Enemy that may have been planted in his / her mind to cause him / her to doubt that. Jesus said, "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love" (John 15:9-10). Lord, help (name of child) to abide in Your love. May he / she say as David did, "Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, for in You do I trust" (Psalm 143:8). Manifest Your love to this child in a real way today and help him / her to receive it.
I pray also that You would help me to love this child unconditionally the way You do, and enable me to show it in a manner he / she can perceive. Reveal to me how I can demonstrate and model Your love to him/ her so that it will be clearly understood. I pray that all my family members will love and accept him / her and may he she find favor with other people as well. With each day that he she grows in the confidence of being loved and accepted, release in him / her the capacity to easily communicate love to others. Enable him / her to reach out in love in a way that is appropriate. As he / she comes to fully understand the depth of Your love for him/ her and receives it into his / her soul, make him / her a vessel through which Your love flows to others. In Jesus' name I pray.

VERSES:
In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. - 1 John 4:9-11

For you are a holy people to the Lord your God; the Lord you God has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth - Deut 7:6

We have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16

We are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth. - 2 Thess 2:13

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved. - Eph 1:3-6

No comments: