Sunday, March 11, 2007

A House Filled With Music

A House Filled with Music

by Luci Swindoll

Being part of a musical family was one of God's greatest gifts to our household, not to mention my own soul. As children, we used to gang around the piano before bedtime and sing together. Mother would play piano before bedtime and sing together. Mother would play piano and all of us (except Daddy, who played harmonica) harmonized to campfire songs, hymns we had memorized, or little ditties that were popular during the early forties. I well remember doing that for an hour or so, then as we were getting ready for bed, the phone would ring.

"Hi, this is Mrs Bloodworth next door. Please don't stop singing; you're lulling my kids to sleep."


My Mother would laugh and explain that her own kids needed to sleep, too, feeling proud of her musical brood. Life in the Swindoll household always included music...A home without music is poorer than the one without money.



*******************************************************

I did not grow up in a musical home but my parents did send me up through piano lessons. These lessons have been invaluable to me. I learned persistance and patience, mathmatics and developed awesome finger and forearm muscles. Now I teach piano and really, really enjoy passing on the love of music on to others. I am now creating a musical home for my family and hopefully continuing a heritage of music for future generations.-Lisa

No comments: