Thursday, January 01, 2009

Prayer


Picture from allposters.com entitled The Virgin of the Rocks, The Virgin with the Infant St John, Adoring-the Infant Christ.

Prayer

I have been reading 2 books which issue the same challenge. Is God trying to show me something? The challenge is to spend 1 hour per day in prayer. As I read about this idea I thought I would share the aspects of prayer considered in these books.

The thought of spending one hour of prayer seems to me a discipline in self-control. Trying to control my thoughts Heavenward for one hour would be difficult. I would be distracted and recentering my thoughts over and over. I started reading about a prayer plan that takes a few minutes to concentrate on different aspects of prayer. This I can do!

Over the next few days-weeks-months I thought I would focus on the different aspects of prayer. To begin we will start with Praise and Adoration. I thought the photo above was perfect. It is the Blessed Mother Mary adoring her precious Jesus. We, too, can adore and focus on Him frequently. My next post will be on specifics of Praise and Adoration. For now, let us purpose in our hearts to spend some time daily sitting at His feet.

No comments: